misereres asked: dorcas - 7, 17, 19, 21, 27, 32, 35, 46, 47. you don't have to do them all but yeah there are some great questions.
WARNING: IT’S A BIT LONG. idk how to do a read more. just wait.
7. favourite way to waste time and feelings surrounding wasting time
- she likes going to the library and looking at as many books as possible. she doesn’t actually reads the books, just flipping through the pages to find interesting quotes that she can throw around, as if she’s read things and knows things when she actually doesn’t. she loves, okay? she loves wasting time!!!
17. preferred mode of dress and rituals surrounding dress
- she likes bright colours and things that are just so flow-y, like pleated skirts and sundresses. she likes wearing tights and hats and sweaters that cover her hands because it keeps them warm and she hates having cold hands. boots and heels and flats and pretty, pretty, pretty things. sometimes she likes dressing like a little girl, but she doesn’t do that much as she gets older. she likes collars and frills and sometimes ribbons. idk about rituals. she probably changes it up every day to keep it interesting ~~~
19. what do they think about before falling asleep at night?
- dying - that’s what she thinks about. she thinks about dying - how she’ll die and when she’ll die and if it will be because of her blood status or during a duel or while she’s sleeping. sometimes she thinks about monsters that lurk in the dark and if they want her to die, too. but mostly, when she thinks about dying, she thinks about all the things she’s proud of and, if she lives through the night, what she can do to make up for all the bad things she’s done because she’s not perfect and sometimes she hates that she can’t be perfect and happy and nice all the time.
21. given a blank piece of paper, a pencil and nothing to do, what would happen?
- she would write out an adventure with terrible illustrations to go along with it. stick figures and basicbasicbasic drawings because she doesn’t have much artistic talent. she’d write about flying around the world and being a superhero, saving the day and having people adore her and look up to her and admire her, meeting fascinating people and seeing creatures that she never knew existed. she’d write about the world and crazy adventures and doodles of people with big smiles and dots for eyes. maybe she’d draw flowers, stars and hearts along the side. her writing would be cramped and messy and there would be a lot of things scratched out. it would just be a giant mess!! and she’ll probably save it. keep it in her drawing or something.
27. who do they see as their best friend? their worst enemy?
- choosing a best friend is probably the hardest thing for dorcas, but she’d probably say alice because alice is more than just a friend - she’s practically family. she’s like the sister she never had and sometimes the mother she’d prefer instead of the one she has. as for her enemy, she’d say lily. they’re nice to each other, but dorcas resents her. she envies her and hates her - for her intelligence, her talents, her beauty, her importance, her entire existence. dorcas thinks that lily is the epitome of perfection and she hates her for it, but she wants to be friends with her because she wants that perfection to rub off on her. and, if she can earn praise from her enemy, then her ego gets a boost and that’s just awesome.
32. concept of home and family
- family is the most important thing in the world to her. it holds the most value to her. there’s nothing more important than family. she loves her mother, but she’s closer to her father. she has no siblings and her family’s always been close. she can’t imagine not having a family because they are the world to her and she would do anything for them. she doesn’t want to start her own family though. it just… doesn’t seem right. as for home, home means safety. her home is where she can hide from the world and pretend to be somewhere else. at home, she can pretend the real world doesn’t exist. she doesn’t invite people home often. she usually invades theirs instead, if they allow it. her home is her place and she doesn’t like sharing it too much. if she moves in with someone, she’s always tempted to run off and find some place of her own. she calls every house ‘home’ but she doesn’t mean it unless she’s talking about hers.
35. what makes them feel guilty?
- everything? anything, really. if she can’t get a smile out of someone, she feels guilty. it makes her feel like a failure. if she can’t get a positive outcome from anything she’s involved in - directly or indirectly - then she feels guilty. it’s her least favourite feeling in the world, partially because she feels guilty a lot. especially during the war, when people are dying and she could do something about it.
46. if they were to fall in love, who (or what) is their ideal?
- if she fell in love… well,she doesn’t care if it’s the nice guy or the mean guy. the main thing is that they can make her feel more than happiness. the person she’d want to fall in love with her can make her feel a variety of emotions and make her feel alive. ideally, she’d want them to understand her need for adventure and how she needs her freedom. she’d like for them to understand her and to help her understand them. she just wants a lover, a best friend, a partner in crime, a sidekick, etc all in one. idk. does that make sense? love for dorcas is a strange thing because, in the end, she dies alone and it just feels right that way. in the end - no matter how much love she’s experienced - she’s alone. the end.
47. how do they express love?
- romantically, she’s affectionate, very hands-on. kissing and hugging and holding hands. she tries to get reactions, to figure out how they react to little things. she picks fights and wants to be the one to end them. she wants to be able to see how she affects people. but she can be sweet as well and she’d express love with gifts and nice, flowery words. it depends on the person, but she tends to go over the top and she’ll probably be a horrible, dramatic mess.